Tips for staying cool on your (hot) Memorial Day Weekend Wedding !
Well, it’s here and the weather is glorious ! If you are having your wedding outside or just planning to do photos outside it is important to remain cool and comfortable, so here are some helpful and healthy tips !
* Start hydrating today. If you are running out to those last minute beauty appointments, grab that bottle of H2O (better then your favourite soda, which may actually dehydrate) and add a slice of lemon or lime for an extra kick of refreshment !
* On the day, start with a good breakfast or lunch and pack your favourite snacks, plenty of H2O, fresh fruit is a great way to keep hydrated and nourished.
* Make sure that there is plenty of bottled water close by when you are out doing photos and of course a straw…can’t smudge that lipstick !
* A mint hard candy is also a good solution and great for that nervous bridal tummy!
* Keep a fan or parasol/umbrella handy to keep you cool and in the shade between photos.
* If you or your groom are concerned about perspiring an old solution is talcum powder, cools the skin wonderfully and soaks up excess moisture (great for shoes and underarms-since you cannot keep re-applying deodorant and it won’t show up on your gown)
* And if it all becomes too much, let your photographer know and sit into an air-conditioned car or building, after all an overheated, unhappy bride and groom can’t be photo-shopped !
Hope this helps and if you have any tips of your own I would love to hear them. So, have fun, feel good, enjoy your great day and congratulations !